Sutter MP85 Micromanipulator
This robust and heavy micromanipulator is based on the classic design of Huxley, and provides
smooth precise movement for patch clamping and intracellular recording, or any other application
that is intolerant of drift.
Coarse and fine motion is provided by a modified MM33 manipulator mounted on top of the
ultrafine manipulator. The large micrometers provide ultrafine movement through a 10:1 reduction.
- Resolution: coarse 0.1 mm on all axes; fine 0.01 mm on x-axis; ultrafine 0.2 µm on all axes
- Ultrafine movement: approx 2 mm in each axis
- Total weight 7 kg
- Mounted on precision rotating base with stops
- Available as right- or left-handed
- Options include: stackable 15º wedges for tilting; 25 mm riser blocks; magnetic feet
Siskiyou MX160 Micromanipulator
The Siskiyou 4-axis MX160 incorporates fast-pitch, screw drive positioning, and smooth ball bearing motion
in the X, Y, Z, and Q axes for precision positioning. Simple color coded knob caps identify axis location
in low light conditions.
- Top stage tilts at any angle through 360, and includes 22-mm of linear travel along the probe axis
- Low drift, ultra-high stability
- Repeatable swing-out probe holder
- Coarse rotational base, with optional repeatable rotational base
- Travel: 22mm/axis, resolution: 10 m
Siskiyou MX1620 Series Manipulators
The Siskiyou MX1620 series manipulators offer ultra-high stability and a true 4th axis, and are available
with a range of different leadscrews.
- Q axis can be adjusted to the desired angle of approach from 0º to 180º
- Right- and left-handed models available
- Travel: 20mm on each axis
- Resolution: 10µm with 20TPI screws, or submicron with 40TPI or 80TPI leadscrews
Siskiyou MX10 Miniature Manipulator
The MX10 is a miniature micromanipulator that is ideal for positioning applications that require
micron level resolution. The component DT100 series stages use a precision rolled 80TPI lead screw for smooth positioning
along their entire travel.
- Fourth axis which can be set at any angle through 360º of motion
- Resolution: 5 m
- Load: 200 g
- Travel: 10mm each axis
Marzhauser MM33 Micromanipulator
Probably the world's most popular manual manipulator, the MM33 is robustly made and easy to
use. It has coarse controls for all 3 axes, and a fine control for the x-axis (the axis
of the pipette).
- Movement range: x-axis 37 mm; fine x-axis 10 mm; y-axis 20 mm; z-axis 25 mm
- Resolution: 10 µm on fine x-axis
- Available as right- or left-handed
Marzhauser MD4 Micromanipulator
The MD4 is similar to the MM33, but has an extra independent pipette holder. This can
be moved in the x- or y- directions by fine adjustment thumbscrews, and can be swivelled so as to
meet the first pipette holder at the working length.
Marzhauser MMJ Micromanipulator
The MMJ manipulator has coarse control knobs for all 3 axes, together with joystick
controls for fine movement in the x- and z-axes.
Magnetic Stands & Stage Clamps
For light micromanipulators, such as the Marzhauser MM33, we can supply magnetic stands
which clamp firmly onto any steel baseplate and provide a vertical post and adjustable
cross arm to which the manipulator may be clamped.
Marzhauser manipulators may also be stage mounted using stage adaptors and clamps
for various models of microscope. We would be pleased to provide details.
For heavy-duty magnetic clamps, please see our
mechanical components page.
Sutter MM1 and MM3 Micropositioners
Two sizes of precision micropositioners that can be integrated into other assemblies for solving
positioning problems. They are available in single-axis form, but can easily be combined into
2-axis or 3-axis positioners as shown. They are spring loaded with a single fine adjusting screw.
- MM1 positioner: 25 mm high, 3mm travel, 1 µm maximum wobble
- MM1 positioner: 44 mm high, 13mm travel, 2 µm maximum wobble
For support stands and mounting hardware, please see the
For more information and pricing details, please email us.
© Copyright SDR Scientific Pty Ltd 2021